Tuesday 11 June 2013

Briefly

Just a short post this evening. I wasn't able to upgrade the RAM on the system, as my only 1gb DDR2, NON-ECC memory module was dead. The second HDD was causing so much trouble I finally switched it out. The system now operates with two 7200 rpm 160GB drives. It's a little overkill, but with the game now running from a BIN/CUE file on the second disk, and the system having it's swap file on there as well, there's a noticeable performance increase.

I cleaned, and repaired the system chassis, as well as tidied up the internal wiring, much nicer as a box now. I intend to have it enclosed at some point, but it's nice as is for now.

Finally, I've noticed that the Talon does NOT send the ALT key from the trigger when set to Keyboard mode (i.e. the LED is ON), which means all buttons on the Talon, with the exception of the trigger (i.e. the PEW! PEW! button) operate the same on both modes. Switching to keyboard mode renders the ship incapable of firing(!)

I took the game OUT of the startup menu, it was loading too quickly, causing issues with some other Windows Services. Not a big deal,  I will hard code a shortcut key soon.

That's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment