Tuesday 4 June 2013

eBay fun

It's funny how looking for nostalgia on eBay shows up far more than expected.

I recently bought a wonderful desk for my computer, after spending a week trying to find a desk close to my old Ikea Jerker. The Jerker was a fantastic, huge desk I picked up from a friend about 12 years ago. It went with me to every home I had for about 6 years, until I got divorced from my first wife, and had to leave it in a house facing demolition :(

Anyway, I was looking for a joystick last week, when I stumbled across a guy selling a complete pc setup, who was willing to "throw in the desk". Lo and behold, it's an Ikea Jerker, identical to my old one. One quick message, and an exchange of cash later, I have my desk:

This isn't strictly for my X-Wing, but it's nice to re-capture glory days of PC gaming in one go.


It wasn't just my desk that I picked up this month, I stumbled across some mad fool selling all of this for less than £5. £11 in total, including postage:


He also threw in a V3 Racing wheel. I'll be playing Carmageddon II as well :p


You'll notice towards the front, in the middle, sits a HOTAS (Hands On Throttle And Stick) pair. This is what got me interested.

Introducing the Thrustmaster WCS Mark II, and the F-15E Talon.




No comments:

Post a Comment