Wednesday 5 June 2013

Tiny Hurdles

I've installed XP without a problem, and thanks to the ZIP drive, I flashed the BIOS to a much higher build.

I do have a couple of hardware issues I'm hoping to resolve before I attempt anything fancy.

First and perhaps most potentially problematic is this:
 

My Video card has no bracket. At some point it's been ransacked, or swapped for a low profile or something. Either way, the card still works. I dare not use the DVI port at the moment as the card is loose without the retaining plate. I've checked out eBay, but for now I've posted on Facebook for anyone to lend me a bracket/card. A couple of folks are helping out it seems, so this won't be a problem for long.


The second HDD is causing issues. I would replace it now, but it was a real bitch to get into the machine, so I will wait until I have a solution to the video card, and replace both together.

I had to replace a MOLEX->SATA power cable, and the power button is stiff as hell...

Other than that, all going well. I want to get the OS stable before I start with XWA.

No comments:

Post a Comment